Friday, March 11, 2011

Thank you insomnia...

Today I made the big jump and ordered an iPad 2.  I have somewhat coveted the iPad since it's initial release last year, but I kept telling myself I need to wait before I buy one.  In hindsight, I'm glad I got the second generation because it seems to have fixed a lot of the (minor) issues that the first release had.

I had a track meet last night, which tends to destroy my energy levels, so I humored the idea of waiting until my off period to order my iPad...I had to hope they didn't sell out of their initial order.  I ended up not being able to sleep very well last night, so around 3 am cst I made my order for an iPad 2 and a gray smart cover for it.  When I ordered it last night, Apple told me that it would ship in 5-8 days...as I type this right now it would ship in 2-3 weeks, so thank you insomnia.

If you were to ask me why I'm ordering an iPad I could give you only a partial answer:

  • I ordered the wireless (without 3G) model to function like a laptop
  • I think they're an awesome piece of technology
  • I see some uses for it in my classroom next year possibly
None of those reasons really seems like a good reason to spend $500 on an iPad.  In reality though I spent a little over $100 on it because I recycled 2 old computers of mine through Apple's recycling program.  I'm also expecting to find new uses for the technology once I get it in my hands.  Hopefully, I'll be posting a number of ways I use my iPad when it comes in later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment