Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2 Days...No School!

Today has been a lot of firsts for the Horners.  We both were notified at 4:45 AM that we didn't have school today.  That was a blessing, since we have both been feeling somewhat overworked the past weeks (since we got back from Christmas break).  We slept in, watched endless weather reports, and cleaned up the apartment in the morning and then my dad came and picked us up and took us back to their house.  We would have driven ourselves except neither Haley or I have a four wheel drive car and the roads were solid ice.  The rest of the day was spent lounging, watching TV, and cooking.  Haley and I baked a cake we saw made on TV actually, so it was a lot of fun.  The best part of it all is that at about 5:30 PM we were told that school was cancelled for tomorrow as well!  I know I'm going to hate giving up future snow days, but I'm glad right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment