Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cold as a winter's morning...


If there's one word that can sum up the last week and a half in north Texas, it's 'ice.'  In the past two weeks, school has been cancelled five days.  I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's just the way things go in Texas.  It's just crazy to me that yesterday the high was in the single digits and tomorrow the high is supposed to be in the fifties!  

All that being said, I'm ready for the weather to start warming up.  I'm a big fan of spring time when it's cool enough that I'm not sweating at all times, but it's warm enough that I can feel comfortable wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts.  This also means that track season is about to start in the coaching world.  Endless days of offseason and after school track practice followed by a month of nothing before spring football.  I love football as much as an other of the coaches in the district, but I'm looking forward to the down time that is track season.

No comments:

Post a Comment