Sunday, February 27, 2011

When a haircut is more than a haircut...

I'm in a love/hate relationship with my hair currently.  Let me clarify that I'm extremely happy that I have been blessed with almost a full head of hair, I really couldn't ask for too much else.  That being said, I really wish I wasn't going grey as quickly as it is.

I didn't really notice this disturbing trend until I began teaching and coaching.  I would look down at all the hair that was chopped off and notice a few strands of silver hairs at first.  The longer I go on , the more hair is grey is there and the more I really feel like I'm getting old.  I'm the third youngest coach at my school, so it will be really hard to look a lot older than I feel.  

As far as what this means for me in the long term, not much...just a trend I don't like.  You will never see me rocking a hair piece or dying my hair (except for some comic relief).  Once the hair turns grey, I'll be grey forever.  Once the hair waves bye-bye, I'll be chopping it off.  I'm ok with both of these future outcomes, I just wish they'd stay in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment